12 oz. Bufffalo mozzarella, torn into bite size pieces
4 oz. baby arugula
4 oz. baby spinach, any thick stems removed
8 oz. sugar snaps, blanched and sliced diagonally
4 scallions, sliced
2 oz. fresh mint leaves, julienned
6 T. white wine vinegar
2 T. fresh lemon juice
4 oz (8 Tbs.) extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. dijon mustard
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, rinse with cold water, and toss lightly with olive oil.
- Blanch sugar snaps in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain, and place in a bowl full of ice water, to stop cooking and enhance color! Take about ¼ of the sugar snaps and carefully expose the peas with a knife. Slice the balance diagonally. The vinaigrette gets trapped in the crevices and tastes great!
- Make vinaigrette by adding all ingredients in a glass jar with lid and shake for one minute. Or combine all ingredients except oil in a food processor. Turn on and add oil slowly until dressing is emulsified. Just takes a few minutes. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to taste. NOTE: You will not use all the dressing! I use about ¾ of it for this recipe...save the rest for another salad!
- In a large bowl, combine greens, mint, snaps, and mozzarella. Add dressing and gently toss until thoroughly mixed.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Carey Aron, originally posted by World of Pastabilities.