A perfect picnic pasta salad recipe...delicious, fresh, and easy!
- 14 oz. bag of Lilies Pasta (or any other short pasta shape)
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 8-12 oz. marinated mozzarella balls, halved
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, julienned
- ½ cup ready made basil pesto
- 6 T. olive oil
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ or ½ cup toasted pine nuts, or slivered almonds
- 1 t. oregano
- Dressing: Whisk pesto with olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, and oregano. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine pasta, tomatoes, mozzarella balls, basil, and dressing.
- Top with toasted pine nuts or almonds.
Recipe courtesy of Carey Aron, originally posted by World of Pastabilities.