Easy and delish! Makes approx 24 cups! Eat tonight and freeze for later!
- 1 14 oz. bag of Eat your Heart Out Pasta (or other short shape)
- 2 28 oz. cans of Italian whole tomatoes, undrained, but dice the tomatoes
- 1 bag frozen Vegetables for Stew
- 1 bag frozen California vegetables
- 1 bag frozen Italian vegetables
- ½ bag of frozen corn (12 oz. bag)
- ½ bag frozen peas (12 oz. bag)
- 1 bag frozen spinach (12 oz. bag)
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes (any variety), optional
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained, optional
- Water, fill to just cover all the vegetables
- Bouillon cubes or “Better than Bouillon” reduced soduim beef base paste*, really to taste, but I add either 2-3 T. of paste (1 tsp to 8 oz water), or 6-8 cubes
- 1 T. onion salt
- 1 t. Aleppo pepper (can sub ½ t. red pepper flakes)**
- 2 t. garlic powder
- Cook pasta as directed on package, drain, and toss with olive oil. You'll use the quantity of pasta you desire for each bowl of soup. Use the leftover pasta with your favorite sauce for another meal!
- Combine all frozen vegetables in 8 quart stock pot.
- Add canned beans and Rotel tomatoes if desired.
- Dice and add entire 2 cans of tomatoes with juice.
- Fill pot with water, to just above vegetable line.
- Over medium-high heat, bring soup to a boil.
- Add bouillon paste and seasonings.
- Simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve soup in bowls with desired amount of pasta!
- Top with shredded cheddar, fresh parsley, sour cream, chopped green onions, Tabasco, or whatever else sounds good!
Recipe courtesy of Carey Aron, originally posted by World of Pastabilities.