Simply a classic! Serve by itself or as a side to any grilled meats or fish.
- 14 oz. bag of Heart shaped pasta (or any pasta shape!)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cups sliced green onions
- ¼ - ½ cup fresh basil, chopped, or 1-2 t. dried basil
- 1 28 oz. can Italian diced tomatoes, drained (or the equivalent of fresh tomatoes)
- 1 t. salt, or to taste
- ¼ t. freshly ground pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add chopped garlic and green onions and sauté briefly.
- Add tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper to combine until hot.
- Reduce heat and keep warm.
- Cook heart pasta in gently boiling water for approx. 6 minutes until tender but firm (salt optional). Or follow package instructions if using other pasta.
- Drain and add to tomato basil sauce.
- Raise heat and gently combine until hot.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Carey Aron, originally posted by World of Pastabilities.