Creamy Spinach Angel Hair Florentine is a classic... add your favourite ingredients to enhance an already delish dish!
- 12 oz. box of Angel Hair Pasta Nests
- 1 10 oz. pkg. fresh spinach, stems removed and leaves torn or cut into pieces
- 2 t. olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- 1 T. chicken flavor bouillon granules
- 1 8 oz. pkg. reduced fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 lb. fresh shrimp, cooked, or more to taste (optional)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese for topping
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add garlic and sauté briefly.
- Mix bouillon granules into boiling water and add to pan along with cream cheese and ¼ tsp. nutmeg. Stir continually until cheese melts.
- Reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- Cook pasta in gently boiling water (salt optional) for approx. 4 minutes, add spinach and cook gently for 2-3 more minutes until pasta is tender but firm. Drain and add to warm sauce, stirring carefully to combine.
- Taste and correct seasoning, adding salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately, topping each portion with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Cooked shrimp or chicken may be added to make a main dish.
Recipe courtesy of Carey Aron, originally posted by World of Pastabilities.