Traditional Bolognese goes Mexican! Fab flavors of fresh jalapenos, fresh cilantro, taco seasoning, and sour cream wow your taste buds...it will be a family favorite!
- 12 -16 oz of Classic Angel Hair Pasta
(or substitute any long or short shape)
- 4 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 T. olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 14 oz. cans of crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped, for dish and garnish
- 1 T. hot sauce, or more (use your favourite kind to taste! You can always add more.)
- 2 packets of Taco Seasoning
- 2 t. salt
- 8 oz. sour cream (or light sour cream)
- Parmesan or Cotija cheese for garnish
- Add 2 T. olive oil to large non stick pan and bring to medium heat.
- Add jalapenos and onion and cook for approx. 5-6 minutes until onions become translucent. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add pork and beef, break up while meat browns, about 6-8 minutes.
- Take pan from stove and tilt over sink to drain excess fat from pan. You can ask for some help here!
- Place back on stove-top and add tomatoes and stir. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Add hot sauce, fresh cilantro, taco seasoning, and salt and stir thoroughly.
- Simmer for 20 minutes and allow flavors to combine.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Place desired amount of pasta in bowls, top with sauce and garnish with fresh cilantro and Parmesan or Cotija cheese.
- Freeze additional leftover sauce for another night's dinner!
Recipe courtesy of Carey Aron, originally posted by World of Pastabilities.