Delicious Creole Spicy Shrimp atop a tangy lemon pasta, a perfect blend of flavours and textures! Serve for dinner at the beach or any poolside gathering. A wonderful simple treat for all! Yum!
- 1-2 lbs of fresh shrimp (depending on size, serve 3-5 shrimp per person), peeled with tails on
- 2 t. Creole seasoning
- 1 T. dried crushed rosemary, or leaves, crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 1 T. dried oregano
- 1 t. cayenne pepper
- 2 t. kosher salt
- 2 t. ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T. olive oil
- 12 ounces Angel Hair Pasta (or substitute other long pasta)
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped or julienned
- 4 T. capers, drained
- 4 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. fresh ground black pepper
- Mix Creole seasoning through minced garlic in a bowl.
- Toss shrimp with Creole mixture.
- Add olive oil to saute pan and heat to medium high heat. Pam saute shrimp about 2 minutes a side until shrimp begin to curl and turn pink. You can also grill the shrimp in a grill pan or skewers. In all cases, do not overcook shrimp! Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Place pasta in a large bowl and add fresh basil, capers, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss until combined.
- Serve pasta on plates and top with Creole shrimp.
- Top with extra capers, fresh basil, or lemon slices.
- Enjoy every bite!
Recipe courtesy of Carey Aron, originally posted by World of Pastabilities.