Make this during the summer months when fresh basil and pesto are readily available! Simple and delicious to use everyday.
- 14 oz. bag of any fun shape pasta
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, packed
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ¼ t. salt
- In a food processor, place garlic and mince.
- Add all other ingredients and pulse and puree until smooth.
- Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Do not rinse.
- Toss pesto with warm pasta.
- Serve with chopped fresh tomatoes and fresh Parmesan.
Pesto can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to a week. Or freeze in a tightly covered container or for individual servings, freeze in an ice cube tray.
Pasta is best tossed with pesto and served right away, as it is very absorbent. For leftovers, reheat pasta slightly and toss again with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil.
Recipe courtesy of Carey Aron, originally posted by World of Pastabilities.