COOK TIME:TOTAL TIME:
A healthy guilt free alternative your family will love!
- 14 -16 oz.bag of Pasta (any shape will do - long or short)
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups low fat, low sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups grated Parmesan
- 1 ½ cups Greek Yogurt (do not use non-fat, but regular)
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta in gently boiling water for approx. 6 minutes until tender but firm (salt optional), and drain when done. (or by box directions)
- While pasta is cooking, combine cornstarch and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Whisk in chicken broth until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for approx. 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth mixture into sauté pan, bring to a simmer, whisking occasionally. Let the mixture reduce for approx. 2-3 minutes. Add 1 cup of cheese and whisk until melted. Remove sauté pan from heat, and whisk in yogurt until sauce is smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss pasta with sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with remaining Parmesan and serve!
Recipe courtesy of Carey Aron, originally posted by World of Pastabilities.