PREP TIME: 15
COOK TIME: 30
TOTAL TIME: 45 mins
A lightened up version of Mac and Cheese! Great on flavour and texture...and simple to make! Use any combination of cheeses and a pasta shape to suit the occasion!
- 1 bag of fun pasta
- 6 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1½ cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large can diced tomatoes (14oz)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ tablespoon pepper
- ½ cup panko (or dry seasoned bread crumbs)
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using 1 T. of butter, grease a 2½ or 3 quart gratin/casserole dish.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain (RESERVE 1 cup of pasta water!), rinse with cold water and toss with 1 T. oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the can of tomatoes, 1 cup Italian blend cheese, ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, all seasonings, 2 T. melted butter, and reserved pasta water. Add cooked pasta to bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Pour pasta mixture in casserole dish.
- Combine panko with 2 T. melted butter in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle panko mixture over top of casserole.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until dish is hot, pasta is melted and top crust is golden brown!
- Top with fresh chopped parsley and extra pasta pieces.