Goat Cheese melts beautifully over warm pasta and the fresh tomatoes add a sweetness that can't be beat! Yum! Simple and delicious.
- 12 oz. Spinach Basil Garlic Angel Hair Pasta Nests (or any other 12-16 oz. of short or long pasta…short pasta works best because it’s easier to combine!)
- 1 pound of fresh tomatoes, sliced and quartered, or Campari or Grape/Cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 4 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh Parmesan, grated plus more for garnish
- 4-5 ounces goat cheese crumbles, at room temperature
- 4 T. fresh basil, chopped for garnish
- Combine the tomatoes, oil, garlic, parsley, 1 t. salt, and pepper in a large, nonreactive bowl (plastic is great) and stir to combine. Let sit at room temperature to allow the flavors to meld, for 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water before draining.
- Immediately add the hot pasta to the bowl with the tomatoes. Add the reserved pasta water, goat cheese, and Parmesan, and toss until evenly combined. Top with fresh basil and more Parmesan.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature. Serves 4-6. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Carey Aron, originally posted by World of Pastabilities.