An easy weeknight dish! Full of flavour and colour.
- 14-16 oz. bag of any fun shape pasta or Angel Hair Pasta Nests
- 1 cup salsa (use your favourite style)
- ¼ cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 2 T. orange juice
- 2 T. honey
- 1 t. soy sauce
- 12 oz. boneless chicken (can use shredded, pre-cooked chicken strips, or cut chicken breasts into strips)
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- ½ red pepper, julienned
- ½ yellow pepper, julienned
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- For the sauce, combine the salsa, peanut butter, orange juice, honey, and soy sauce, in a microwave safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In the meantime, in a large skillet, saute peppers in oil until tender crisp, approx. 2-3 minutes. Add chicken and warm.
- Drain pasta and save ¼ cup cooking liquid. (may or may not need)
- Add pasta and sauce to chicken/pepper mixture and toss to combine. If sauce and mixture is too thick,add 1 T. of pasta water to skillet as needed and toss.
- Serve pasta on plates topped with chopped cilantro and peanuts!
Recipe courtesy of Carey Aron, originally posted by World of Pastabilities.