Thai Shrimp Scampi is an easy weeknight dinner! Lots of freshness and flavour... you can serve with any of the Angel Hair pastas!
- 12 oz. Angel Hair Pasta Nests
- 12 ounces asparagus, cut in diagonal pieces
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 3 T. lemongrass, minced (if not available, sub 2 t. fresh lemon rind)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- ⅔ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 T. Thai red curry paste (commonly found in Asian section of grocery store)
- 1 ½ T. chili garlic sauce
- 1 ½ t. kosher salt
- 1 ½ lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined, large or jumbo
- 1 ½ cups bean spouts
- 1 ½ cups chopped fresh cilantro + more for garnish
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- Roasted peanuts, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add the asparagus during the last 2 minutes of cooking pasta. Drain and rinse briefly with cold water.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and add garlic and lemongrass. Sauté for 30 seconds and add carrots, coconut milk, chicken broth, red curry paste, chili garlic sauce, salt, and shrimp. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 3 minutes until shrimp and cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from heat. Add pasta, bean sprouts, cilantro, and mint. Toss gently until combined.
- Top with fresh chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro. Serve with Sriracha sauce for those wanting more heat. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Carey Aron, originally posted by World of Pastabilities.