PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 7 mins
TOTAL TIME: 17 mins
Tuna Pasta Salad is crunchy and creamy - a delish combination!
- One 14 oz. bag of Lacrosse Pasta (may substitute 14-16 oz. bag of short shapes)
- ½ lb. green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces (I prefer the French green beans)
- 2 cans solid white tuna, packed in water (approx. 6-7 oz. each)
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup pitted black olives, brine-cured if available
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. celery salt
- Salt and pepper
- Cook green beans in large pot of salted water until tender crisp, approx. 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beans to a colander and rinse in cold water. Add pasta to same pot and cook pasta in slightly boiling water for approx. 6 minutes until tender but firm. Add pasta to the same colander and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- Place tuna in a large bowl and break up into pieces. Add the black olives, green onions, tomato, and pasta with green beans.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayo with the balsamic vinegar and celery salt.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine dressing with the pasta….and serve!
Recipe courtesy of Carey Aron, originally posted by World of Pastabilities.